(Amber Garvin from Provo, Utah served as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (also known as 'Mormons') in the Richmond, Virginia area (Now called the "Virginia Chesapeake Mission"). 'Sister' Missionaries are able to serve at age 19 for a period of 18 months. They leave their homes, families and educational pursuits to love and serve their fellowman, and to teach about how families can be together forever. All are invited to follow her missionary experiences.)

*I have now returned home to Utah and will continue to share the experiences of being a returned missionary. :)

Friday, April 26, 2013

MTC - April 18, 2013



Hi!
Today is our very first p-day at the MTC!  We were so excited to do laundry that Sister ___ and I made a song. :)  Sorry that it has taken so long for me to get back with you!

I got an unexpected package from ____ and the _____family--it almost made me cry.  _____ sent me a wonderful talk by Elder Holland, and an entire starter kit of the fullsized Doterra oils.  I also got a picture from ____ and she wrote her own name!  (I think) And that kind of boggles my mind.  I don't have a return address, but I will have more time to hand write letters today then I will have to email, so if I send thank you notes back could you forward them to ____?  Because that would be great.

I did mention that I was called to be the Sister Training leader for our zone right?  I feel so blessed to be able to meet with the amazing ladies that entered the MTC yesterday.  9 new sisters!  _____ and I were albe to talk to them last night before they went to bed, and they are amazing girls!  I already feel such an amazing capacity to love them!

MTC Missionaries
Our district is amazing, and have quickly become some of my favorite people in the world.  We were joking about petitioning our mission pres. into letting us stay together as a district for at least one transfer of our missions.  They are my family at the MTC, and I am going to cry a lot when we have to shake hands and say goodbye. 

I can't send pictures today because I have to go to the bookstore and get a card reader, but I promise to get some to you soon.  We do matching district days, so we have a picture of our entire district wearing Blue, Black and a day that we tried to do red, but I don't really have red, so it is more pink.

(I'm) Doing great!  It is a huge blessing to be surrounded by men holding the Priesthood Authority of God.  I have had a couple blessings and know that I have a huge team that wants me here.  I  asked for angels when I arrived to be with me, and I know without a doubt that they were here.

I love you all so much, and am glad that you are continuing to do activities that will uplift you.

Last thing.  Elder Scott came and talked to us about prayer Tuesday night.  I know without a doubt that he is a prophet of God, and I love this truth and this gospel with all of my soul.

I have learned that this is not a time for self-evalutation.  It is a time to learn how to help investigators progress, and to evalutate how they are coming closer to Christ.  We learned that yesterday and it finally clicked.

Also, Mary Ellen Edmunds came and talked to us for Relief Society.  She is great!
Pick and choose what you want to put on my blog.  Almost out of time.

Love you!
Sister Garvin