(Amber Garvin from Provo, Utah served as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (also known as 'Mormons') in the Richmond, Virginia area (Now called the "Virginia Chesapeake Mission"). 'Sister' Missionaries are able to serve at age 19 for a period of 18 months. They leave their homes, families and educational pursuits to love and serve their fellowman, and to teach about how families can be together forever. All are invited to follow her missionary experiences.)

*I have now returned home to Utah and will continue to share the experiences of being a returned missionary. :)

Monday, May 20, 2013

May 20, 2013

Dear...Best family in the entire world who I love (and friends),

I had my one month missionary birthday!  Can you believe it?  I sort of wish I could keep starting over so that time never moves forward and I can learn as much as I have learned all the time. That probably doesn't make sense.  

But mostly I am trying to say that time has really just flown by, and we only have 13 days left in this transfer which is really soon!

We don't know what is going to happen, but Sister Jasperson and I did some math (which I didn't think would ever happen on a mission.  ;) and there is a possibility that we will be getting 140 new missionaries in the next two transfers.  WHICH IS THE EQUIVILANT OF AN ENTIRE MISSION....almost.  Basically, that is really a lot of missionaries. Also, I am not really sure how to spell equivilant...the computer says it is wrong, but has no alternative spellings.
Sister Jasperson and Me

This week was really busy, and I loved it a lot!  Also, through many many miracles we were able to set two investigators for baptism in June!  So they will be the first baptisms in a year, and we are super thrilled--so is the ward. :) 

Being able to see the gospel change people, and bless their lives is a miracle to witness, and I love it! 

Along with the miracles comes great opposition, and I am learning how to pray with sincere desires for others, and humility myself.  Something that one in my branch presidency at the MTC told me is to never forget humility, and that has really become a goal for me.  I am learning a lot of things about humility that I never let myself learn before because I wasn't being humble.  HaHa now I am learning a lot, but it is really a special blessing. :)

Also, this is important.  I have learned some really important things that I would like to share with you this week. They are not in order:
1- A good box springs is more important then the actual mattress.
2- Those dried coconuts and mangos we get from Costco are supposed to be refridgerated.... it says so on the bag.  Woops. :)
3- Always pack an umbrella for unexpected torrential rain storms.
4-  The MTC is one of my favorite places in the world.
5-  It is important to laugh, but also really important to be moderate in all things and maintain a dignity at home as well as at all the other places you go.
6- Pray for everyone, and everything all the time.
7- Don't drive with the emergency brake on because it doesn't work and then you have a heart attack. 

I will continue the list later.
Also, I splurged and bought a pair of shoes at Walmart because they were on clearance and I loved them really fast.  Sooooooo.... That is that story. :)
All the roads look like this, and you can't tell where the houses are!  :)
I am sending pictures this week. Sorry it has taken so long. And sorry this letter isn't really an update.  
I am doing really alive, and I miss you my family, and I love you, and almost everybody now. :)
I also learned a lot about forgiveness this week.  I was reading somewhere between Alma 33 and Alma 43 and I learned a lot about forgiveness.

That is more of an update. :)

I love y'all for all my years forever! :)

-Sister Garvin




MTC District