(Amber Garvin from Provo, Utah served as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (also known as 'Mormons') in the Richmond, Virginia area (Now called the "Virginia Chesapeake Mission"). 'Sister' Missionaries are able to serve at age 19 for a period of 18 months. They leave their homes, families and educational pursuits to love and serve their fellowman, and to teach about how families can be together forever. All are invited to follow her missionary experiences.)

*I have now returned home to Utah and will continue to share the experiences of being a returned missionary. :)

Monday, January 20, 2014

Rocky Mount, North Carolina, LDS Sister Missionaries - Monday, January 20, 2014

So.  I don't really know what to write this week.

I just know that the Holy Ghost is a better teacher than I am.  And I'm really grateful that I don't have to try to figure it out on my own.



This week I'm sending home some pictures. 

We bought matching mustache pens with a gift card that someone gave us for Christmas.  
They are really funny.:)



Also,
I tried to make some bread.  We were going to give it to a member of our ward with the talk from Pres. Monson's address at the Relief Society Broadcast Oct. 2013.

But we didn't have an exact yeast measurement, and we used self-rising flour.  So, it didn't rise at all, and it was really salty. We had to use our sharpest kitchen knife to saw through the crust....
So I was embarrassed and refused to give it to them, and we made cookies instead.  The cookies were better anyway.

So lesson: We have to follow the exact directions and put in the exact ingredients for the end product to turn out the way it was intended.  So it is also with exact obedience.




Ummmm...

I had some blue pajama pants that turned my white bedspread blue.  So I'm going to probably spend all day trying to remedy that situation.... Good thing I have some trusty stain removers!

We had interviews with President Baker this week and he asked us to role-play teaching him some part of the Restoration.  It went really well!  It was good to be able to spend some time with him and Sister Baker, they are really delightful to be around.

Something really great that I read this week was the second half of 1 Peter 3 there is some good stuff there!  Very uplifting.  It talks about how we must always be ready to stand and bear testimony, and how Christ suffered all, and it is better to suffer for good than to suffer for evil.  So I really liked that.  If you have a few minutes to read and ponder it I would encourage you do to so.  Maybe you'll get something out of it that I didn't and that is personally important and relevant to you. :)

All my love!  
-Sister Garvin