(Amber Garvin from Provo, Utah served as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (also known as 'Mormons') in the Richmond, Virginia area (Now called the "Virginia Chesapeake Mission"). 'Sister' Missionaries are able to serve at age 19 for a period of 18 months. They leave their homes, families and educational pursuits to love and serve their fellowman, and to teach about how families can be together forever. All are invited to follow her missionary experiences.)

*I have now returned home to Utah and will continue to share the experiences of being a returned missionary. :)

Monday, March 17, 2014

Staying in Rocky Mount - Monday March 17, 2014

Today it is with gratitude and thankfulness in my heart that I acknowledge all the other emails that I was unable to respond to this week, and also the fact that I'm not being transferred.  Yay!
I really wasn't sure if I would be.  And I'm grateful that through the knowledge that I am staying in Rocky Mount for another transfer it has been re-confirmed to me that there is still a great work to be done here, and I have a part to play in it.
It is really amazing to be able to say that I have been able to serve here for as long as I have been able to.  To this point, deep in my heart, I have the desire to stay here the rest of my mission.  That will probably not be the case, and by the time is is time for me to leave I'm sure that I may feel differently. :)  Well, actually I will just have a feeling of peace and reassurance that I am done here, and I'm needed someplace else.
Deep thought ya?
Anyway, we had a miraculous week this week.  And Zone Meeting was phenomenal.  I learned SO much and left spiritually filled.
We sang off key.  Did I mention we were going to do that?  Because we did...
And we had excellent training and practices on how we can eliminate "filler words" (like, ummm, and so, etc...) to become more powerful teachers.  I am trying to implement this more into the way that I teach, speak, and write.
Short powerful statements.  That's where it's at. (as the kid's refer to it. :) (haha... I know that I've said it before, but I really think that I'm really funny.... not in the prideful way.... just the way that when I say that to myself it makes me laugh even more.)
I don't remember what the situation was, but sometime last week I told Sister Felt that I would probably be the funniest companion that she would ever have (she said "that's sad." --- but meant it in a positive context.... "that's sad that no one is as funny as you are!")
This is the story.

Also, Let me tell you, Spring season is spider season.  And on the way to zone conference we unrolled the window a little ways and a spider that was hanging on for dear life on the outside of the car zipped right in the unrolled window.  Do you know how hard it is to drive straight when you and your companion are screaming?  Really hard!  (I did it though.)  It was on Sister Felt's side, so every time she screamed I screamed, (and it was on my Birthday so we all screamed for ice cream) And it was a frightening experience.  Good news though.  We were almost there, it climbed into the place between the door and window, and then it had the opportunity to escape while we were spiritually fed inside the church building.  I reminded Sister Felt last night that we hadn't ever found it, so it must not be in the car anymore.

That's the story. :)
We had a wonderful experience on Saturday with inspired planning and the power of prayer. 
We prayed fervantly that none of our plans would fall though, and that we would be able to teach the people we had planned to see according to the direction of the Spirit.  We were able to find opportunities to serve, teach the principles that we had studied, and extend commitments to each person that we came in contact with.  We felt so incredibly blessed to be able to have such a wonderful day.  Especially since the next day was really gloomy, and awful. 
Opposition in all things.
So now I'm out of time because I was emailing nice things to my friend named Sister Newbold.
Missions are awesome.  I will love the people that I have served with FOREVER!.
Yahoooooooooooooooooooooooooo......
Okay,
Bye.
I love you.
Talk to you TTYL. 
Haha.
Told you I'm funny. :)
Alright.
Love to the moon and back!  (or farther.  Like infinity, google, trillion, zillion, eternity.)
Love,
Sister Amber Garvin