(Amber Garvin from Provo, Utah served as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (also known as 'Mormons') in the Richmond, Virginia area (Now called the "Virginia Chesapeake Mission"). 'Sister' Missionaries are able to serve at age 19 for a period of 18 months. They leave their homes, families and educational pursuits to love and serve their fellowman, and to teach about how families can be together forever. All are invited to follow her missionary experiences.)

*I have now returned home to Utah and will continue to share the experiences of being a returned missionary. :)

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Monday, March 3, 2014, Rocky Mount, NC, LDS Sister Missionaries

Good morning!

A few minutes to e-mail home...
This week seemed to fly by!  Just as fast as the first 2 months of this year.

Does time seem to go faster when you get older, or is it just a mission thing?  I don't know.  But I seem to be going on a really fast train, and I feel like when it's finally time for me to get off I'll have to take a jump, and the fall will be a little rough.  That scares me, but I think that it's the right feeling to have because it means that I'm finally becoming aligned with a greater understanding of my purpose here.

I caught myself thinking for a small moment this week about how totally devastated I would be if I had to leave this area in a few weeks.  I would be thrilled if I could spend the rest of my mission here.  Rocky Mount has become such an amazing miraculous chapter in my life, and I literally cannot see myself in any other place or in any other calling.  So I guess that's another way of Heavenly Father reminding me that I'm in the right place.
I think that I forgot to share the cool news!  Sister Jasperson is serving in an area that borders mine.  :)  She's in the boundaries of the other stake, but it's good to know that we'll at least see each other again. :)

I've definitely gained a new appreciation for her, and for the experiences that we had in Jamestown together.  At the time some of it seemed difficult, but I look back at it now and think (This is how my brain speaks...) "Man!  That was like the easiest time in my whole mission!" 

But I don't really want to go back and do it again, because then I think that it would be the hardest time.  

The point is:  I think that this has turned into a joyous experience becasue I have the reassurance from the Spirit that I will remember the fulfillment, and the joy, and the good things that happened.  So that makes me happy!!!!
IIIII CANNNNNNNNNN BEEEEEEEEEEE SOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!

This is a good email.  Not a bad one.  :)

We had a miraculous week, and I've learned that members of the church are awesome.  A small testimony can open a door, and soften a heart.  Christ can change a heart. And "the church is still true contrary to popular belief". :)

Also.  I'm definitely going to cry when I come home.  Definitely..... 
Because I don't want to leave SOOOO bad!!  But I want to be with all of you SOOOOOO bad!  But I love the people SOOOOO much! And I will not know how to be a regular person probably.
This is a really extreme slew of things that I know are going to happen.  I'm not going to dwell on it, but I thought it a little.

Let me just say this!

I add my word to the testimony of Elder Uchtdorf "Doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith."
And when you say you "can't" do something that is a choice.... And it makes it harder on you when you actually CAN do it, and you are fighting the whole way because you are telling yourself that you can't.
Yeah.  I've grown in wisdom.  That's what's up.

I recognize that sometimes I cover up deep stuff with humor, and irony.  I've had extensive talks with my companion(s) about it.  But just know that from the depth of my soul I know that this is Christ's church restored to the earth.  I know that the Book of Mormon contains the fulness of the gospel as does the Bible.  And I love this church.  I love my Savior.  I know that I am loved by both He, and Heavenly Father.  And I love you.

From the depth of my soul I love you all!  And it doesn't get better than family. :) 
(Except for when we are all a glorified, and exalted family.  Then it might be a little better.)
Sending love from North Carolina! 

(I love it here!  And SPRING IS COMING!  Along with an Easter Egg hunt I hope!)

Love,
Sister Amber in NC.

Had to send this '5,555' miles.  :)
and this…..'big tractor'
Gabby did our hair like hers!  :)
Sister Felt in 'Conetoe'
Also...my favorite City.....pronounced Koe-Nee-Tah.  :)