(Amber Garvin from Provo, Utah served as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (also known as 'Mormons') in the Richmond, Virginia area (Now called the "Virginia Chesapeake Mission"). 'Sister' Missionaries are able to serve at age 19 for a period of 18 months. They leave their homes, families and educational pursuits to love and serve their fellowman, and to teach about how families can be together forever. All are invited to follow her missionary experiences.)

*I have now returned home to Utah and will continue to share the experiences of being a returned missionary. :)

Monday, May 19, 2014

Bugs and Mice…..and very large church meeting next week…...

I have limited time left today.  But that's alright, because I feel like being brief…..

So I can't email Monday next week because of the holiday.  We are going to email Tuesday instead.  Probably at the usual time.

There isn't a ton to report on this week.  We are still working on our bug problem....and now our mouse problem.
We set out a trap with peanut butter on it.  The next morning we heard the garage open like usual-- when the owner comes to work. (we live on an attachment to a business.) we went out later and couldn't find the trap anywhere.... We asked the member later if he had moved it, and he said no.  So we went searching again.  We found the trap-- not in it's original location.  It had been set off, but there was nothing caught in it.  Also, all the peanut butter was licked off.  So we have a genius mouse... And I don't really know how to resolve that problem.  So I think that we are just going to leave it alone. 

"Everyone does what they can, and what they can't do, they leave alone."

That's that story.

We are having Sacrament in a local Middle School next week because of the holiday.  Our regular ward building cannot accommodate the people that come for Memorial Day weekend.  Because of a YSA activity they do down here we are expecting about 800 people to be at our sacrament meeting.  That's a lot.  Go deacons!!!! ;)

It might overwhelm me.  But I don't have to speak, so that's good.  I'll let you know how it goes next week.

Nags Head is warming up!  We are getting some humidity.  I might melt into a little puddle.  I'll let you know that next week too.

This might be the most boringest email I've ever sent home.... Sorry.

Oh!  I don't know it I mentioned: we are reading the Book of Mormon as a mission with an emphasis on the Atonement, and a Christlike attribute of our choice.  I'm learning so much!  It's great!  I'll expound.... next week. :)

OJ. I love you.  Bye!

Love,
Sister Garvin