(Amber Garvin from Provo, Utah served as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (also known as 'Mormons') in the Richmond, Virginia area (Now called the "Virginia Chesapeake Mission"). 'Sister' Missionaries are able to serve at age 19 for a period of 18 months. They leave their homes, families and educational pursuits to love and serve their fellowman, and to teach about how families can be together forever. All are invited to follow her missionary experiences.)

*I have now returned home to Utah and will continue to share the experiences of being a returned missionary. :)

Monday, November 17, 2014

Whipped Cream and Farewells

(Haha!  I forgot to post this last week, so here it is... two weeks late!)


Hello friends,
Today my email will be very short.  I have to work. I got a temporary job at the casting department again, and I've loved it.  We had to find people to participate in a documentary.  We went to SLC, and BYU to talk with people, and I felt like a missionary again. YAY!  It was great.

My brother's mission farewell talk and Thanksgiving dinner was yesterday.  He is going to be missed.  Everywhere I went to talk with family there was someone who said "Andrew did it!" Mostly meaning playing a joke on them or doing something goofy... (I raised him well you see....)  A good one from yesterday was that he convinced my younger cousins to allow him to quirt the whipped cream onto their slice of pumpkin pie.  Remember how sometimes when I pour glasses of water for people and fill it up to the very top until it almost spills over?  Well we had a similar experience with this squirt-y cream.  Would you like some pie with your whipped cream?  IT WAS EVERYWHERE!  But since kids enjoy whipped cream it wasn't a problem.  My uncle tried to make my grandma drink whipped cream and it made a little one cry..... so that was more problematic. ;)

I saw the November Newsletter.... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!  To Sister Felt, and Elder Bettilyon (TODAY!) I hope that you receive packages.  That is the best part.

Hope to hear from you how things are going, and I hope that the sun shines a lot this week.

Love,
Sister Amber Garvin