(Amber Garvin from Provo, Utah served as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (also known as 'Mormons') in the Richmond, Virginia area (Now called the "Virginia Chesapeake Mission"). 'Sister' Missionaries are able to serve at age 19 for a period of 18 months. They leave their homes, families and educational pursuits to love and serve their fellowman, and to teach about how families can be together forever. All are invited to follow her missionary experiences.)

*I have now returned home to Utah and will continue to share the experiences of being a returned missionary. :)

Monday, June 10, 2013

June 10, 2013 (2 months out)

Today is my 2nd month birthday.  I entered the MTC 2 months ago.  I thought is was 2 weeks ago!  Time has gone by more quickly than I ever imagined it could.

I just need to get this funny story out of my system this week so here is goes:

This week we were hit with torrential rains as a result of Tropical Storm Andrea. (I sent you some in the mail Ashley. :)  Also, it is important that you are aware of the fact that the fan in our bathroom connects directly to the roof.

The story is that during our morning studies we heard screaming coming from the bathroom, and one of the other sisters came out and said that the ceiling had started raining on her.  We went to investigate and found that the fan (DIRECTLY over the toilet) was steadily dripping and splashing all over the place. We found a bucket, and in about three hours it was half full. Also, it was really hard to go to the bathroom holding a half full bucket of water over our heads (I don't know why nobody thought to empty the bucket...).  But it was definitely an adventure.  And I don't know if I've ever been in so much rain in my life.  I came down in sheets for really long periods of time.

This week we were able to go to a baptism in our ward with one of our investigators.  She is really amazing, and really loved getting to see the actual ordinance of baptism performed.  We have really great hopes for her, and know that she is a truly amazing person even if she decides not to join the church right now.  Having her in our ward has really helped the members see that we are working hard, and that we are trying our best.

We also got dropped this week.  It was okay because it really needed to happen--which might sound strange, but there were lots of miracles that went into it happening.  We pray that she will be able to be found by missionaries again, and that she will find peace in her life right now. :)  She is really a wonderful person, and has a really strong faith in God.

I have to go now.  Sorry I don't have time for more.
The Gospel is true!  God loves his children, and we are never forsaken. 
P.S. Thank you for those little pictures you sent in the mail.

Love,
Your Sister Garvin