(Amber Garvin from Provo, Utah served as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (also known as 'Mormons') in the Richmond, Virginia area (Now called the "Virginia Chesapeake Mission"). 'Sister' Missionaries are able to serve at age 19 for a period of 18 months. They leave their homes, families and educational pursuits to love and serve their fellowman, and to teach about how families can be together forever. All are invited to follow her missionary experiences.)

*I have now returned home to Utah and will continue to share the experiences of being a returned missionary. :)

Monday, June 24, 2013

June 24, 2013

This week was AWESOME.  Sometimes you have to use words like that to adequately express how things really are.

The first thing I have to say is.  WOW.  The Work of Salvation broadcast last night was OUTSTANDING.  Everyone should watch it.  Every day.  I wish that I could watch it every day.  It was SOOOOOOO good!  Every member should be a missionary.  It brings me great joy to see member reaching out to their friends and the people that they love so much and share some of the light of Christ that they carry with them, with their friends.  I have lots of really strong positive and supportive opinions about this broadcast.  The things that the Apostles, and Prophets taught us will change missionary work if we only implement and take the initiative to apply the principles they taught us in our individual lives.

Again, it was SOOOOOOOO good!  I loved it, and cried with joy that I can be a part of it.  

Also, everyone should look up that new website that is being realeased.  LDS.ORG--- (the work of salvation)?  I think that is what it is called...    

Alll I can say is WOW.

Also, tracting is not normally very effective, but this week it was miraculous.
The story is this:
We found out that there was a part of our area, actually a very large chunk, that was unknown to us.  We checked with the mission, LDS.org website, our ward, our map, and all the areas around us.  And finally found out that this large chunk was ours. Then we didn't know what to do because we are limited on miles, it is the end of the month, and because my companion ripped a tendon in her foot we physically could not tract all of that area.

Then our Sister Training Leaders called about an hour later and set up an exchange.
Historic Jamestown Settlement; Flag for VA

Long story short.  We went on exchange/splits in our area and tracted for 4 hours.  
Miraculously we found 4 new investigators.  THAT IS A LOT.

We have gained a testimony of tracting.

Also, we never answer the phone in any of our appts, but we were in an appt and the phone beeped and my companion felt impressed to answer it. (which was fine in the sittuation).
This guy called us because we left our phone number and our "I'm a Mormon" pass-along card in his door with a short note that said "May you find peace and happiness".  He asked us if we could really help him find peace.  Sister Jasperson taught him the Resoration over the phone and set up a return appointment.  (He is one of the 4)
That never happens.  People don't call you if you leave a number in their door.

MIRACLES HAPPEN.  And are happening.

I love being a missionary.  This work is grand.

I love you all forever,
Sister Garvin

P.S. Mom, please spell check this for me.  I give you permission to fix the spelling and the grammar errors as well.  I cant type and spell check at the same time sometimes. :)  LOVE YOU!