(Amber Garvin from Provo, Utah served as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (also known as 'Mormons') in the Richmond, Virginia area (Now called the "Virginia Chesapeake Mission"). 'Sister' Missionaries are able to serve at age 19 for a period of 18 months. They leave their homes, families and educational pursuits to love and serve their fellowman, and to teach about how families can be together forever. All are invited to follow her missionary experiences.)

*I have now returned home to Utah and will continue to share the experiences of being a returned missionary. :)

Monday, December 16, 2013

I'm Staying: Rocky Mount, North Carolina, December 16, 2013

Well, I'm staying in Rocky Mount with Sister Watt another transfer.

There weren't many transfer calls because ITS CHRISTMAS!  I think that President Baker was sensitive to that.

So we'll be here in Rocky Mount, 'til the first week of February.

I'm grateful to be able to continue to be with this ward.  I have learned so much from serving here, and serving among others who are so willing to reach outside of themselves and serve.  It's really wonderful to be here!

And now you can meet the family that I am living with Via SKYPE!

Next week yo!  Then I'll remember your voices and faces.  It will be good.  I'll even do my hair and wear make-up for you. :)

Map of the area of Rocky Mount, NC
This is short because that was the biggest event for this week.

And I don't really want to type a long email.  By bed is calling me.  I've had the chills today.  And there is a heated blanket on my bed.

I should sound more grateful.

Sorry that it is hard to portray appropriate emotion through email. 

It's sometimes easier to have social skills though.  It has the potential to be a one sided conversation that never ends, and there aren't any awkward silences.  There will probably be some of those when I get home.  I don't remember how to talk to people unless it's about the gospel.

Random thought, but I was thinking about it. :)

Anyway, it will probably get worse over the next 9 months.

I'm going to be half way next month!

Is time fast for you, or slow for you? Or fast-slow?

Love you forever!

Sister Amber