(Amber Garvin from Provo, Utah served as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (also known as 'Mormons') in the Richmond, Virginia area (Now called the "Virginia Chesapeake Mission"). 'Sister' Missionaries are able to serve at age 19 for a period of 18 months. They leave their homes, families and educational pursuits to love and serve their fellowman, and to teach about how families can be together forever. All are invited to follow her missionary experiences.)

*I have now returned home to Utah and will continue to share the experiences of being a returned missionary. :)

Monday, February 3, 2014

'Transfers' - Rocky Mount, North Carolina, LDS Sister Missionaries

I think that I will keep this week brief.
We received our transfer call a day earlier than expected.  Saturday!  So I've known for a little while longer than usual, but the good news is that Transfer calls are inspired, and I can trust that the Lord knows what's best. Plus, I keep praying almost daily that we will be led by the Spirit to know where to go, what to do, and what to say.
So I will be staying in Rocky Mount, and training another missionary.  In all sincerity I am excited, and I feel good about it, but I'm trying really hard to maintain commitment to serving with all my" heart, might, mind and strength" because I am tired!!!!!  I guess it will be good though because new missionaries always have a lot of energy, and drive.  I know that will help me keep going.  I just hope I don't get dragged along! :)
Sad to be losing Sister Watt, and so are many of the members of the ward.  She has left a big impression here. :)  Funny though because her next area is like 20 minutes south of here, in Wilson.  They have a wonderful ward there, and the Sister who will be her new companion is basically me. :)  She and I came out at the same time-- she was called to the Raleigh Mission though and I was Richmond.  She and I also have basically the same sense of humor, and personality.  I love her, and hope that Sister Watt will as well.
So that the status update.
I just love all of you!
keep in Touch --- Kay!  :)
  
Love,
Sister Garvin