(Amber Garvin from Provo, Utah served as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (also known as 'Mormons') in the Richmond, Virginia area (Now called the "Virginia Chesapeake Mission"). 'Sister' Missionaries are able to serve at age 19 for a period of 18 months. They leave their homes, families and educational pursuits to love and serve their fellowman, and to teach about how families can be together forever. All are invited to follow her missionary experiences.)

*I have now returned home to Utah and will continue to share the experiences of being a returned missionary. :)

Monday, February 24, 2014

Monday, Feb. 24, 2013 - Sister Garvin, Sister Felt

Well,  I've left only about 15 minutes to type this email, and I'm not sure how long that will get me.  I guess we'll have to find out in 15 minutes. :)

This week was really miraculous!  We have started focusing more on Revelation through Planning, and Finding.  Because of the trainings from our District and Zone meetings, as well as us being directed as to how we can implement the ideas from those meeting into the work in our respective areas, we have begun to see so much progress already.

I'm feeling for the first time that really, really... our plans each night are directed by the goals that we set weekly and daily.

Let me just put a little plug in for my companion....

Sister Felt is ~AMAZING!~

I just love, love, LOVE this girl!  She and I laugh ALL THE TIME!  And she just has great perspectives, and inspires me to "try a little harder to be a little better."

Ooop.... I got distracted reading things that people send me.  So not I have 2 minutes left.
Okay.

So I learned this really great thing in the Bible Dictionary about Charity.  It says that charity is "never used to demote alms or deeds".  I think that's really interesting.  So we don't have ACTS of charity, but as we develop charity--the pure love of Christ-- I think that it drives our actions.  So charity itself is not an act, but when we have charity we act to serve, help, strengthen, bless, and uplift those who are around us. :)
I hope that little snippet of an epiphany makes a little bit of sense to you. :)

Hmm.  I'm full of inspirations quotes, and have run out of time. Sorry about that.

Oh.  We've had BEAUTIFUL weather this week, somedays in the 80's.  Now we hear it is supposed to snow this week.  I really think that the weather here is more tempermental, and unpredictable than that in Utah.
PLEASE DONT SNOW THIS WEEK!!!!!!!  I HATE WEEKLY PLANNING FOR 3 DAYS IN A ROW BECAUSE WE CANT GO OUTSIDE!!!!!!

And that's all I have to say about that situation....

Have a lovely week!  No matter the weather!

Love forever,

Sister Garvin

Birthday Surprise for our little friend
Sister Felt
























First day Sister Felt arrived in Mission