(Amber Garvin from Provo, Utah served as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (also known as 'Mormons') in the Richmond, Virginia area (Now called the "Virginia Chesapeake Mission"). 'Sister' Missionaries are able to serve at age 19 for a period of 18 months. They leave their homes, families and educational pursuits to love and serve their fellowman, and to teach about how families can be together forever. All are invited to follow her missionary experiences.)

*I have now returned home to Utah and will continue to share the experiences of being a returned missionary. :)

Monday, August 4, 2014

Gray Sky, Alligator Meat, Relatives' Visit and...Gospel Miracles!!!

Today it is with a heavy heart, and a dark red sweater, and 70 + degrees that I tell you for the last 4 days the sky has been gray.  Literally.  With the really miserable drizzle-y rain.  Not the glorious pouring rain that I love.  So Sister Carlson and I both have been a little blue.

I didn't even realize how affected by weather I could be.  And I have very little control over this circumstance except for prayers.

Good news.  We've had amazing miracles this week.  Truly miraculous.

I haven't got much time today, but here's a brief overview.

We had a goal to have 3 investigators with a baptismal date.  We had no investigators.  We dropped all the investigators that were ignoring us.  Which meant that we had no teaching pool, but here's my thought process "If you don't want us to come teach you about the best thing in the whole world, and we keep trying with no response, then we'll move onto the next person that really does want to know...." Then The Lord provided a way for us to teach a part-member family twice this week.  We were able to set 2 of them for baptism, and almost reached our goal.  The Lord made a way for us, and it took us acknowleging the miracles for us to see the way ahead that He paved. :)

Go team gospel!

Also, today.  We are going to go eat alligator meat.  It's going to be adventurous.
#ilovebeingamissionaryinthesouth.
That's probably the only time that I've ever used a hash-tag in an email home, but it seemed appropriate for the occasion.

Also, surprise encounter from some cousins at church that I didn't know were vacationing here alll week, and were super close to our place of residence!  I'm so glad that they came to church! :)  I think it's fine because they didn't come here just to see me. :)  And I appreciated the fruit they brought!  It made my day!  Now I don't have to buy it myself!  Plus, that's expensive for me living here on the beach!

Anyway. 

We have exchanges this week-- Sister Carlson's first one!  I'm going to be in super-charged missionary mode, and that will probably require a nap at some point today.

The gospel is true, the Book is Blue, I love Souther BBQ!  (and you! :)

Also, study the Apostasy.  It's incredible!  I've learned so much about it this week from Jesus the Christ, the scriptures, and Preach My Gospel.  It's so part of God's plan!

Love forever,
Sister Garvin

With my Uncle Paul, Aunt Christy and their children (who are currently living in Falls Church, VA)

Sister Carlson, Me and...some of my vacationing cousins  :)