(Amber Garvin from Provo, Utah served as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (also known as 'Mormons') in the Richmond, Virginia area (Now called the "Virginia Chesapeake Mission"). 'Sister' Missionaries are able to serve at age 19 for a period of 18 months. They leave their homes, families and educational pursuits to love and serve their fellowman, and to teach about how families can be together forever. All are invited to follow her missionary experiences.)

*I have now returned home to Utah and will continue to share the experiences of being a returned missionary. :)

Monday, September 30, 2013

Amber in Virginia - September 30, 2013 - Transferring to North Carolina

So I didn't have a chance to respond to all the emails I wanted to this week, so here is my public apology. :)  Thank you all for writing to me though!  I love to hear from you!

I'm being transferred this week.  I don't really know where I'm going geographically, but I'm going to be opening an area where sisters have never been, and I'll be training a new missionary.  (see links at end of post for more info. on where Amber will be serving; Rocky Mount, North Carolina.) 

I'm so so excited!  I'm also so so sad!

I have grown in Jamestown, and I'm going to always have a part of my heart reserved for this place.  I wouldn't be the person I am right now if I hadn't been here.  So it is sad to be leaving, and I'm sad that I wont see any of the immediate results of some of the things that I tried to do here, but I am SO THRILLED for Sister Newbold!  She will begin the harvest, and I am so glad that she will have the opportunity to train and grow here!

Well, mixed feelings.

I was so sad to hear about the passing of my friend Adam this week.  I had a hard few days, but I prayed and said that I needed 3 days to mourn, and then asked for a blessing.

I have learned a lot.  I loved that kid, but I know that things will be okay, and I'm so glad and grateful that he can be in a place with no pain, only love joy, and beauty.  I know that he is happy there.  

There is a scripture in Nehemiah 6:3 "...I'm am doing a great work, so that I cannot come down..."
I know that he is in a better place, and he is doing a great work, and I am so happy to be connected to people that aren't here in person through this wonderful Work of Salvation.

I can stand (write) before you, and say with full conviction and testimony that I KNOW that The Plan of Salvation is Heavenly Father's plan of happiness for us, and I know that it is true, and I know that it is really more than what I know of it.

It's truth though, and I can stand by that.

I don't know everything that is in store for me in the next year, but I do know that Heavenly Father has a place for me in His plan, and that His plan includes my happiness.

I'm so grateful for the experiences that I have had here, and I know that I wouldn't be able to fully become who God designed me to be without this opportunity to serve.

Thank you to those who have helped provide it, and who have been a part of it.

I cherish you!

Sorry this is so rushed!
It's cram-everything-that-you-have-to-do-and-pack-day along with grocery shopping and appointments!

I love you for eternity!

Love,
Sister Amber in North Carolina (soon)

Map of Rocky Mount


Our 'District' - Jamestown