(Amber Garvin from Provo, Utah served as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (also known as 'Mormons') in the Richmond, Virginia area (Now called the "Virginia Chesapeake Mission"). 'Sister' Missionaries are able to serve at age 19 for a period of 18 months. They leave their homes, families and educational pursuits to love and serve their fellowman, and to teach about how families can be together forever. All are invited to follow her missionary experiences.)

*I have now returned home to Utah and will continue to share the experiences of being a returned missionary. :)

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Tuesday, September 3, 2013, Williamsburg, Virginia, LDS/Mormon Missionaries

Hello,
My name is Sister Garvin.
I'm a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Sister Amber Garvin - 2013
I bear a message about "the good news" of the Gospel, which is centered around your Savior, and my Savior, Jesus Christ.
I know that the message which I share is true, and I know that no matter what stage of life you may be in it can bring strength, relief, and courage to face anything that may lie ahead.
I am not here to change your faith, only to build upon it.
I am here to teach.
I am here to testify that God is the same yesterday, today, and forever.
He loves you, and he knows you.
I am here to witness of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon, I know it to be the word of God.
I am here to share this message to all who will heed it.
I am here to lead others to Christ by helping them to receive the teaching of this restored gospel, and to exercise their faith unto repentance.
I am here to love.
I am here to learn.
Most importantly, I am here to serve.
God is mighty.  Through many small and simple things I have been a witness to the power of everyday miracles this week.  I wish that I could share all of them.

Something that I learned from somebody important to me this week we were talking about chances/percentages.
I learned this: God can work with a 10% chance. In fact, He can work with a 0.00000000000001% chance.  I'm not completely sure how small a percent can get, but I KNOW with all conviction that God can work with that low of a percent chance.

"...The things which are impossible with men are possible with God." (Luke 18:27)

I have probably said it before, and I know that most of my letters are probably pretty redundant, but I will continue on with stating the things that I have learned.

Ours is a God of second chances.

Do you understand how profound that is?

We have the option of a second chance no matter where we have been, where we are, or who we are.  We are only defined by the limits we set for ourselves.  Our Father truly loves us, and desires our success.  For that reason He doesn't set limits on us.  With limits all things are not possible. In the context that I am pondering limits-- they are man made.

In this context, limitless and impossible are synonymous.

Also, I really think that this pondering that is occurring in my brain ought to be published in a book or something.  In my very apparent opinion, these thoughts are not that of a not-quite-yet 20 year old woman.  Whew!
I know another thing for certain, I am grateful that grandma is saving all these letters, because if I don't have a book published, I sure am going to make a giant quote wall with my face on it along with all the profound thoughts that I forget I send home! :)

For those people that have been instruments in the Lord's hands for making my perceived limitations possible I thank you most graciously.  Thank you for encouraging and supporting me in overcoming the things that I thought were impossible, and for allowing me to experience this time of growth, and profound thought.  You will never truly know what a lasting, and infinite effect it has had on the welfare of my soul.

Sorry, no more time.
Get me published! ;)
Just kidding.
It would probably make me blush.

Love you always!
Sister Amber Garvin

P.S. Will send photos next week!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also --- My Mom is posting the following for all your information...and, because I didn't send any photos this week and...she thinks that people like to see photos. 

Flash Mob at Tabernacle Choir Performance in Williamsburg, June 22, 2013