(Amber Garvin from Provo, Utah served as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (also known as 'Mormons') in the Richmond, Virginia area (Now called the "Virginia Chesapeake Mission"). 'Sister' Missionaries are able to serve at age 19 for a period of 18 months. They leave their homes, families and educational pursuits to love and serve their fellowman, and to teach about how families can be together forever. All are invited to follow her missionary experiences.)

*I have now returned home to Utah and will continue to share the experiences of being a returned missionary. :)

Monday, April 14, 2014

Monday, April 14 - LDS Sister Missionaries, Rocky Mount, North Carolina - Easter

Sister Garvin, Sister Felt
Dear Fambilly,  :) 

Spring is here.  Everything is yellow from the pollen.  We tried to wash our car (I felt like we needed to because it was purchased with sacred funds) and that was a fiasco.  Then we drove home, and the next day the car looked worse than it had the day previously.  So.... I've given up.  I just need a hose to spray it off once in awhile.  

Pollen is EVERYWHERE.

You don't even understand it until you done seen it.  I'll try to get a good picture and send it next week.

In preparation for Easter this week Sister Felt and I wrote our testimonies on the Atonement and printed of segments of the talk "None Were With Him" by Elder Holland.  We are going to (Easter) egg peoples houses with paper Easter-eggs give them our testimonies and the talk. 

I said to Sister Felt. "I've got a great idea!  We should egg peoples houses!" She said, "Okay... that is not a great idea.... what do you really mean?"  I explained and then she was on board. :)  It's like a heart-attack (paper hearts on people's doors), but with Easter eggs!  It's going to be great!  Go inspiration.

Sister Garvin - in the Service of the Lord
I'm sending a separate letter with my testimony, I didn't have time to type it all up, but if you would like to Mom, you are welcome.  I know that you have tons of free time to answer my beckon call. ;)

Just kidding.  It's a hassle, but whatever.

That's basically my update.  I haven't got much time left today, and wanted to send some pictures since I didn't do that last week.

I just am continually reminded of the power of the scriptures. 

We watched a video segment in our last zone conference, and I asked President Baker which talk is was from.  "A Teacher Come of God" By Elder Holland.

I read through it this morning, and there is a powerful message to each member of the church on the role of being a teacher wherever you are currently serving.  Primary, Nursery, Visiting or Home teacher.... Read this powerful message from an apostle of the Lord, and be magnified by the Spirit in your ability to teach simply, and powerfully the doctrine of the Gospel of Jesus Christ in it's fulness.

Sending love and prayers your way!

All my love,

Sister Amber

Just a little treat...


Helping out.....

6,666 miles.  Just had to share.... :)

Silly Moment - sigh....

Sweet Moment!!!

Sister Garvin, Sister Felt - Rocky Mount, North Carolina