(Amber Garvin from Provo, Utah served as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (also known as 'Mormons') in the Richmond, Virginia area (Now called the "Virginia Chesapeake Mission"). 'Sister' Missionaries are able to serve at age 19 for a period of 18 months. They leave their homes, families and educational pursuits to love and serve their fellowman, and to teach about how families can be together forever. All are invited to follow her missionary experiences.)

*I have now returned home to Utah and will continue to share the experiences of being a returned missionary. :)

Monday, July 21, 2014

I Wrote a Song; "Fly Free, and Run Full Speed"

Well I received probably my last transfer call.  I'm training again, and staying in Nags Head.
Sister Felt is opening an area which is fantastic, Sister Jasperson is finished and going home, Sister Watt is staying in VA Beach, Sister Newbold is staying in Portsmouth, and Sister Petrie is going to Mt. Olive.
 
Tada!
 
Well because Sister Petrie is leaving I've written her a song.  It's basically the story of her life while we've been together.  So I thought I'd share it.  I hope that it contains a message that may bless someone who reads it.  The words came very easily, and it's pretty corny, but I thought it was pretty good corn.  (probably corn pudding) Also, the punctuation is no bueno.

 
 
I call it "fly free, and run full speed"
 
Running on empty,
feeling a loss;
Where is the brightness to push me along?
If I could only see the light ahead of me, I'd know I'm doing the right thing.
 
Ready, take off!
Take flight!
Faster than the wind, higher than a kite.
Filling each hole in the road ahead up with pure light.
Fly free, and run full speed.

Look ahead,
to the lighthouse--
lit with hope of promises in eternity.
Look up,
be filled with life.
Feel joy in each moment, as you always simply try.
 
See a cloud in the sky,
make an elephant dance.
Recognize the rain brings a second chance
the sky will clear into a brand new day.
 
Ready, take off!
Take flight!
Faster than the wind, higher than a kite.
Fill each hole in the road ahead up with pure light.
Fly free, and run full speed.
 
Start with a willing heart--
there are no limits to who you are.
In your soul there's a song, waiting to emerge.
Sing it loud and strong,
don't let it go unheard.
 
Be who you want to become,
but remember who you've been.
The sky has cleared, and brought a brand new day
Just so you can:
 
Take off!
Take flight!
Faster than the wind, higher than a kite.
Leave your troubled road behind,
and see ahead, paved with pure light.
You can fly free, and at full speed.
 
Your second chance has come,
so fly free.
Run full speed towards who you want to be,
and fly free.
 
Anyway, there's your corn for the week.  :)
 
I like writing songs. :)  It's a good outlet. 
Please include me in your prayers for these last 2 transfers.  3 months go by way too quickly, and I'm anxious about being ' trunky', and sabotaging the system.
 
Whatever.
 
Well,
I love you and hope that you know it every day.  I'm not good at informative emails, but I'm good at lots of words. :)
 
Love forever, and see you soon! (but I'm not going to talk about that for the next 3 months.  I have to be strict with myself on trunky-ness)
 
Sister Amber Garvin