(Amber Garvin from Provo, Utah served as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (also known as 'Mormons') in the Richmond, Virginia area (Now called the "Virginia Chesapeake Mission"). 'Sister' Missionaries are able to serve at age 19 for a period of 18 months. They leave their homes, families and educational pursuits to love and serve their fellowman, and to teach about how families can be together forever. All are invited to follow her missionary experiences.)

*I have now returned home to Utah and will continue to share the experiences of being a returned missionary. :)

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Dolphins at Sunrise, Overflowing Mailbox, Car Accident, Power in Unity

Whew wee!  Today marks 35 days left, and next Monday I'll be at 29.  This is going by WAY too fast!
 
This week many things happened.
 
We saw dolphins at sunrise at the beach of the Atlantic ocean.
 
A HUMONGOUS zipper spider made his home in the frame of our front door.
 
We saved the lives of various tree frogs.
 
We sang off key in the car on purpose.
 
President Baker called us on the phone.
 
We learned that at some point we will be moving, hopefully.

Hermana Haywood received a transfer call and will be going to Elizabeth City, which is                        super close to here.
 
Hermana Gray is coming here..... I don't know her.
 
Mail did not come on Monday.  So I'm expecting the mailbox to be overflowing tomorrow.....           Maybe that's too high of an expectation.......    Well...... Vision precedes goals....... So my vision is to have an overflowing mailbox, and my goal is to receive mail.
 
Good plan.
 
Oh.... And I drove into a fence.  Don't worry.  No one was hurt.  And the woman that works at the body shop used to live by the Church in Portsmouth.  So it was actually miraculous.  Now we get to talk with her about the restored gospel!  Go team Gospel!
 
Yay!
 
I think that those are the most historic/eventful/unique things that happened this week.
 
I wrote some more things in my letter to Andrew this week.
 
Our Zone set a goal to have 5 baptisms in the month of September, to teach 100 lessons in one week by the end of the month, and to invite everyone to be baptized in the first of second lesson. 
 
We had a zone fast, and by the end of the day there were 9 new people that were set with baptismal dates in the zone.
 
It's pretty incredible the power that there is in unity, and real-intent.  I know that Heavenly Father is so aware of us, and is hearing and answering our prayers.  It just all has to happen in His time.
Which is better anyway because we have a time table limited by a life span, and His time is measured by eternity--which is basically limitless-- so His way is always better.
 
I started my very last planner yesterday.  That was sad.
 
I'm sad that I have limited time left.  For such I long time I felt like it would never run out.  I know that God is preparing me for the next phase of the work, and that is my return home.  So I know that things will be okay.  I just hope that I will have lots of things to do because it's really hard to learn how to do nothing after doing the most worthwhile thing for the last 17 months.
 
Well,
 
That's my epistle for the week.
 
Also a really wonderful Mormon Message.
http://www.mormonchannel.org/video/mormon-messages?v=1789679612001

Kay... Love you.

Gotta go for the day...

Bye!

Love,
Sister Garvin