(Amber Garvin from Provo, Utah served as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (also known as 'Mormons') in the Richmond, Virginia area (Now called the "Virginia Chesapeake Mission"). 'Sister' Missionaries are able to serve at age 19 for a period of 18 months. They leave their homes, families and educational pursuits to love and serve their fellowman, and to teach about how families can be together forever. All are invited to follow her missionary experiences.)

*I have now returned home to Utah and will continue to share the experiences of being a returned missionary. :)

Monday, September 15, 2014

Orange Starfish, Bella the Pig, Zone Conference in Virginia, Inspired Calls and Releases...

This week has been a zoo.  Literally.  We've been privileged to interact with many animals of many different walks of life.

We went to the Aquarium on Monday with the Sister Training Leaders, and the Hermanas.  It was great!  We befriended an otter, saw a white aligator (he wasn't albino), a sea turtle rehabilitation center (which smelled fishy, but sea turtles are HUGE!  Wow!), then I petted a stingless stingray, and get ready.... A LIVE STARFISH THAT WAS BRIGHT ORANGE!  (checked that off my bucket list.

So excited.... I almost cried.  Probably.  Not quite... But it was a joyous experience of my life.)

Also.... There were divers cleaning the shark tank, and that was pretty neat too.
Arriving at Manteo Aquarium

Neat!  an orange starfish!

Divers Cleaning the Shark Tank.  Wow. 

(Symbolic thoughts here....)

Then, I held several cats with fleas.  I thought fleas were a big deal, but no one tells me before I pet their cats that they have fleas.  You just see the little buggies crawl up the cat's ear and go back down.  Gross, but at least they don't live on people, and they are much easier to get rid of than bed bugs.

On Friday we went to our District Meeting and the member that drove us had to pick up some hay for her horse on the way home.  We pulled up to a little farm and there was a huge, chubby pig.  So we asked the farmer if we could take a picture with it, and we took turns taking 'selfies' with Bella the black pig.  Also, she smelled my leg, and her nose was wet.  That was interesting.
Sister Garvin and Sister Carlson with Sweet little Bella the Pig  :)
  
Today we had the least threatening bug on our door that we've ever had.  It was "a beautiful butterfly!" (please say that in the voice of the caterpiller from 'A Bug's Life') And a little deer family ate some of our overgrown backyard bushes.

Finally....a 'beautiful bug' on our window....

So this week is going good.

We are driving to Virginia on Wednesday to a combined Zone Conference for the zones in Virginia, and I'm so excited that I dance/wiggle every time that I think about it.
Time is so weird.  I think I've said that before, but if you just spend some time thinking about it, it becomes even more of an incomprehensible idea.

I recognize that my grammar, and punctuation, and organization of this letter is not so good.  But it's how my thoughts are coming out, so right now I'm not really feeling that I should care that much about that....

Whatever. Whatever. Whatever.

I'm going to send some pictures home now.

I only have 20 more days on Wednesday.  AHHHHHHHHHHH......

Okay. Calm yourselves.

I just keep reminding myself that release dates are inspired, just as mission calls are.

That's a wonderful thing.

Sometimes when you are a missionary it feels like you will always be a missionary.  So it's pretty difficult for me to figure out if I should be feeling or thinking differently than I do.  I've never done this before. 

Shout out to Sister Jasperson who is helping me by leading by example.

Thanks Seester. ;)

Kay, I love you, Bye!

Love,

Sister Garvin