(Amber Garvin from Provo, Utah served as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (also known as 'Mormons') in the Richmond, Virginia area (Now called the "Virginia Chesapeake Mission"). 'Sister' Missionaries are able to serve at age 19 for a period of 18 months. They leave their homes, families and educational pursuits to love and serve their fellowman, and to teach about how families can be together forever. All are invited to follow her missionary experiences.)

*I have now returned home to Utah and will continue to share the experiences of being a returned missionary. :)

Monday, July 15, 2013

Monday, July 15, 2013 - Jamestown/Williamsburg Virginia

Woah.

Today is pretty monumental.  I really had some days when I thought I would never make it this far, but here is is..... 12th week of being in Virginia.

Crazy things happened this week.  The new missionaries that were coming in had probably the worst flight experience EVER.  Their flight got cancelled, then re-routed, then they were all on different flights, with different layovers, more cancellations, delays, and everything that could go wrong while traveling.

So we went to transfer meeting, and all of the trainers met, and Pres. Baker announced that there were some new missionaries that still had not made it to Virginia.  And I just knew that mine was one of them.  I was right. :) -- So I stayed with my companion in her new area with her new companions for the night because it was too many miles to drive all the way home, and all the way back, and I didn't have a companion. (talk about identity crisis, I had no idea what to do with myself!!!)

But she arrived safe, and sound. Sister Newbold, from Utah.  I was so excited to meet her!

We had a mini transfer meeting, and I was the only one that could play the piano.  And I couldn't play well. So I choose the easiest hymns in the book, and played them poorly for the meeting.  I'm pretty sure that my face turned red, but that's okay!  I'm just blaming it on the temperature, because it is flaming hot in lots of places. :)

So, that is what happened this week.

I have a new appreciation for my trainer.  It's hard!  I don't know what I am doing, but I know that my new companion is meant to be in Jamestown, and that she has a specific purpose here!  I hope that together we can keep the work moving forward, and that we can reach more of our potential as missionaries while serving together in this area.

Bon Voyage! (Misieur Increabe!) (I can't spell French....)

Love Always,
Sister Garvin