(Amber Garvin from Provo, Utah served as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (also known as 'Mormons') in the Richmond, Virginia area (Now called the "Virginia Chesapeake Mission"). 'Sister' Missionaries are able to serve at age 19 for a period of 18 months. They leave their homes, families and educational pursuits to love and serve their fellowman, and to teach about how families can be together forever. All are invited to follow her missionary experiences.)

*I have now returned home to Utah and will continue to share the experiences of being a returned missionary. :)

Monday, October 28, 2013

Monday, Oct. 28, 2013 - Rocky Mount, North Carolina

This week marks the first week of some intense holiday-ing.

We are also doing something spectacular.  We are making a missionary truck for the ward trunk-or-treat.  There will be candy.  There will be Copies of the Book of Mormon.  There will be pass-along cards.  There will be The Gospel, and IT WILL BE GOOD.

I'm pretty pleased with this idea, and feel that it is inspired. :)

Also, President Baker was there for this inspired decision, and I think was inspired to inspire the mission.  So there is a whole lot of inspiration going on all over the place.  Isn't a living church wonderful? :) (AKA modern revelation...otherwise it sounds kind of like I have no idea.... but less understandable than modern revelation. )

That ties into some of the great thoughts that I had during personal study this morning. 

Cross Reference Docrine and Covenants 109:37 with Acts 2:2

The Spirit is referred to as a "mighty rushing wind".

I think that is really neat!  And I had deep thoughts about it, but I also had a faithful thought about it:  You can't see the wind, you can't see the Spirit, BUT you can FEEL the wind, and you can FEEL the Spirit.

Yeah, I know that your minds were just addled.
(I learned that word from our assistant ward mission leader last week, and wanted to try using it in a sentence. Success?)

Using unusual words helps me gain confidence in speech.  I'm going to invest in a dictionary at some point. :)

So...

Last week I got a horrible cold.  I thought that my head was literally going to EXPLODE.  I don't know if I've ever had sinus pressure so bad in my entire life.

I have a greater appreciation for bodies though!  It's amazing that bodies have a natural way diffusing nasal bombs.

I tried to think of a more grosser way to say that, but I thought the first way it came out was a gem..... Sorry. 

That's gross, but also, it made me laugh.

Bodies are amazing.  I'm glad that I have one.  And I'm glad that it heals itself.  It's a good one.  I need to take better care of it.

Last night I couldn't sleep--on my bed, on the couch, or on the floor. 

So that why this letter is so on topic, and serious.

It'll be better next week.

Guess what?!

I come home in Less than a year.....

Just let that sink in.

Yes, it hit my like a freight train too.  I can't hardly bahleve it.... Mind again, addled.

I think that's all for this week.  Miracles are happening everyday, and we are living in a time more important than we even recognize.

It wont last forever. 

Recognize the importance of a second chance now.  It's better to take it now, rather than wait until you almost miss the boat, or do miss the boat entirely.

I love you always!

Love,

The One and Only,
Old and Wise,
(I'm almost 7!)
Sister (almost Trunky, but not quite there) Garvin