(Amber Garvin from Provo, Utah served as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (also known as 'Mormons') in the Richmond, Virginia area (Now called the "Virginia Chesapeake Mission"). 'Sister' Missionaries are able to serve at age 19 for a period of 18 months. They leave their homes, families and educational pursuits to love and serve their fellowman, and to teach about how families can be together forever. All are invited to follow her missionary experiences.)

*I have now returned home to Utah and will continue to share the experiences of being a returned missionary. :)

Monday, November 4, 2013

November 4, 2013 - Amber in North Carolina

I didn't monitor my time wisely this week: Thus the really short update.

It's November.  In case anyone missed that Memo.

I AM SOOOOO GRATEFUL for Daylight savings.

It seriously changed my life on Sunday.  I had an extra hour of sleep.  It was great.

Beautiful Scene - North Carolina 
This week we drove to Portsmouth for a Sisters Conference.  It was fun.  President Baker taught the difference between being light-hearted and light-minded.  And he had me laughing so hard that I cried.  It was great.
I'm grateful for laughter.

I'm also focusing on 2 things this month that I know will make a difference not only in my mission, but in my life.  Patience, and Prayer. 

I just barely realized how interconnected those two words are. 

I thought I was patient, but then I came on a mission and it was all tried, then it ran out.  So I'm restoring my reserves of patience.

I thought I'd let you know. ;)

The leaves are finally starting to change color, and it is beautiful!  I like it!

I'm grateful for seasons. (And that cold here only lasts from Nov-Mar.) 

I'm grateful that I have a companion.  Literally, and spiritually with the Holy Ghost.

NC has lots of Cotton Fields that glow in the Sunset Sunshine.
Missionary work would be devastatingly hard if I had to do it all my myself.

Also, I'm grateful that right now I feel like I have enough stamina to do this for 11 more months. 

Can you believe that? 

I know I say it every week, but it really blows my mind!

These 18 months are a speck in eternity, and it determines so much. 

Wow.

I wish I had time for more, but most of all I'm grateful for you. 

You are my most treasured everybody!

Love Forever,
Sister Amber Garvin

Ward 'Trunk or Treat"- we shared treats and 'pass along' cards