(Amber Garvin from Provo, Utah served as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (also known as 'Mormons') in the Richmond, Virginia area (Now called the "Virginia Chesapeake Mission"). 'Sister' Missionaries are able to serve at age 19 for a period of 18 months. They leave their homes, families and educational pursuits to love and serve their fellowman, and to teach about how families can be together forever. All are invited to follow her missionary experiences.)

*I have now returned home to Utah and will continue to share the experiences of being a returned missionary. :)

Monday, June 9, 2014

Goose Egg, Time Travel, Dreams and Brother Kelly!

Haha!  I almost dated this email as April, 9th.  Guess it's not caught up with me how quickly time has passed.  I would just like to say  "THIS IS NOT OKAY!!!"  It's going too fast!  I only have 4 months left?!  What?  NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Go back!

Hurry, someone invent a time-travel machine.

Last week I had a dream that I decided I needed to serve another mission, and I got a mission call while I was on my mission.  I left to the MTC 3 days after I got home from this mission and it was crazy because I went from the VA Chesapeake Mission back to the VA Richmond Mission.

You know you're a missionary when..... You dream about being a missionary.

Life is so weird!

That's the status update.

Also, this week I fell out of my chair during studies, and hit my head on the solid wood windowsill and probably the floor. I had a goose-egg and a headache.  Then I called Sister Baker, she wanted me to go to the Urgent Care to see if I had a concussion.  But Urgent Care was closed.  So She called the mission Dr. and he told me to just take ibuprofen.  I don't have a concussion.   Go me!  The Dr. said I'm a lucky girl.  So go hard head (i probably get it from my dad ;)

We went on exchanges, which were great.  I wasn't even stressed even though I don't really know what's going on yet.  We talked with many people.

We also had transfer calls, and everyone in our zone received one except us. 

Not trying to predict the future or anything, but probably we're going to be the only ones that receive one next transfer. Which is only in a month.  And Sister Jasperson goes home.  Again I repeat "THIS IS NOT OKAY!!!"  It's going too fast!  I only have 4 months left?!  What?  NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Go back!
But it's okay.

We finished the Book of Mosiah today.

And I'm really sorry, but I accidentally left home the list of questions that Mom and Ash sent me in the mail this week.  So I'll have to answer them next week.

I feel like I've gotten worse at giving information to you about what I'm doing because it's just normal missionary life, and I don't remember what it's like to not be living this way.  That fact alone really terrifies me about no longer living this life.... I need an adjusting to nametag-less life plan.  Otherwise I will have no purpose, and I will grow fat on the couch.  That's not really an okay thing to do, and I don't want to live that way.  So I'll work on that plan, and y'all can research ways to stay busy for free on google.  Good plan?  I think yes.

Great.  Go forth! :)

This is rambling.  Is that okay?

I'm sorry really!!!!  I've just sort of run out of things to write about, and to say.  I don't know what's wrong.  This has never happened before, but the last few weeks, I've just not had a lot left to say.  Maybe I've reached an all new level of succinctness, where I just don't say anything.  This email is not a good example.

Thank you for all that you do, and all of your support!  You are wonderful, and I love you, and pray for you often.

Love Always and Forever,
Sister Amber Garvin

Shout out to Brother Kelly: If you ever find this blog online, and read through it, make note of the fact that I'm mentioning you, and your haircut looks great!

(Brother Kelly is basically the dad of the missionaries here in The OBX.  He'd love to see a post of him online. :)  So you have approval to put it online. :)


HELLO Brother Kelly!!!!   

map of the area...... (posted by my mom)