(Amber Garvin from Provo, Utah served as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (also known as 'Mormons') in the Richmond, Virginia area (Now called the "Virginia Chesapeake Mission"). 'Sister' Missionaries are able to serve at age 19 for a period of 18 months. They leave their homes, families and educational pursuits to love and serve their fellowman, and to teach about how families can be together forever. All are invited to follow her missionary experiences.)

*I have now returned home to Utah and will continue to share the experiences of being a returned missionary. :)

Monday, June 30, 2014

Baptism, Miracles, Forgive, Stay in your own Ward! :)

Happy Birthday Dear Sister Ashley-kins!

This week I wanted to start of my just saying that: We had a baptism.  Yay.  Except that it was in Washington State. So I didn't get to go to it.  But, for the first time in 11 planners, I was able to record that we had a baptism and confirmation.  Go Miracle!
Christ baptized by John

Really though.  I didn't know if that would ever happen. :)

We've been teaching a young woman who wanted to be baptized by her grandfather who is a member of the church in WA state, and so we coordinated her baptism there with the bishop and missionaries of the ward there. 
 
We were so thrilled for her.

She gave us permission to quote what she said to us yesterday after church.
We texted her to ask what she had learned at church that day (in WA). She responded back: "We learned about staying in your ward (congregation) and if there are people you don't like -- just endure and it will end up good."

That made us laugh, but there is also a very true principle contained therein.

I'm pretty sure that no matter what ward anyone ever goes to - there will probably be someone that says something that hurts your feelings, or offends you.  Sometimes, sadly, we are the person that offends or hurts another.  Don't let that get in the way of your salvation.  Frankly, if you do you are not repenting.  If we don't forgive - we are not showing signs of repentance.

This lesson will be learned over and over again for the rest of our lives.  I testify of this principle, because I continue to learn it.  So, here are some wise words of wisdom.... Forgive people. 

Nephi bound by his brothers
Remember in Nephi  (I don't have my scriptures, but I believe it was either when they went back to get the plates of brass, or when he was tied up on the boat.  Maybe I'm wrong about both, but I promise that it is in Nephi)..... Laman and Lemuel were being mean, and then they were chastised, and Nephi "did frankly forgive them".  Here we learn wise words of wisdom from the scriptures.  It's great. (see also 1 Nephi 18:9-16)
 
So that's what I wanted to share today.

Also, we had an excellent zone conference this week, and a 17-hour day.  We had to get up at 5 to make it to zone conference on time.  It was early.  I've spent all week suffering after-effects.
Also, last night in an effort to be home on time we biked about 4 miles in 20 minutes.

I'm being booted off the computer at the library now.

Read this EXCELLENT talk by Elder Bednar.

I spoke on it in Sacrament Meeting yesterday.

Be an Agent to act this week.

Kay I love you!

byeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Love,
Sister Garvin