(Amber Garvin from Provo, Utah served as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (also known as 'Mormons') in the Richmond, Virginia area (Now called the "Virginia Chesapeake Mission"). 'Sister' Missionaries are able to serve at age 19 for a period of 18 months. They leave their homes, families and educational pursuits to love and serve their fellowman, and to teach about how families can be together forever. All are invited to follow her missionary experiences.)

*I have now returned home to Utah and will continue to share the experiences of being a returned missionary. :)

Monday, June 2, 2014

Urgent Care, 21 Photos and...Our Area boundaries! :)

with my cute sister Ashley  :)
Tada!  Sister Garvin is on a rollllll!!!!  So that one time when I realized that I've been to the Urgent care with all of my companions.... It's continued.  I must be bad luck for other people, or I just take really good care of me. :)  On Saturday, Sister Petrie fell down the stairs and fractured her finger.  We spent the afternoon in the Urgent Care yesterday because we could see that the swelling was right at her knuckle, and we had a medic look at it and he said that we should check it out, so we did.  We met a nurse from California, and from Idaho.  It was pretty neat.
 
We also found out that our area is probably 4 hours long (from top to bottom) and at the most 10 minutes wide.  Pretty crazy.  We had a few extra miles, and drove to the bottom of our area (almost)  Hatteras.  We saw the lighthouse, and we took a picture.  We were going to go to Ocracoke which is the very bottom, but it required that we wait in line for an hour to take a 40 minute long ferry.  And we were hungry and out of time.  So we didn't go all the way out there.
 
Pretty amazing though.  There were points where it looked like a sandbank on one side, and water on the other side of the road.  That's when it was about 100 feet wide. :)  That's probably an exaggeration... Just kidding.
 
I have to write letters now.  Today we are really busy.
 
I will send you off with a little short message.
 
Mosiah chapters 3 & 4.
Bodie Island Light Station
 
We read them today, and it all testifies of the Atonement.
 
I'm seeing more and more the patterns of repentance in missionary service, and what I need to continue to strive to become.
  
Also I love you.
 
Sorry.  I forgot what I was going to say today, so this is really short. 
 
Sorry, mom.... I was going to try to be more informative.  Will you and the kids just compile a list of questions?  then I can send you a list of responses of things that you want to know.
 
I love you!
 
Bye!
 
Love,
Sister Garvin
 
 
Sister Petrie and Sister Garvin at the Beach
 
Sister Missionaries - at the beach....
Bird Formation
The beach
Bodie Island Light Station
Ashley's photo at the light house

Bike Riding...
Sister Garvin and Sister Petrie
 
Service Project - something was funny.....
Cleaning the pool we found a turtle and named him 'Tiger'
Service Project with Hermana Hayward
The Spanish Sisters:  Pugman and Valdez
Little goslings..... (is that what they're called?)